Kandy Full Day Tour
Kandy, more popularly known as the hill capital of Sri Lanka, is an attractive tourist destination. The city is approximately 115 kilometers from Colombo and is the second biggest city in Sri Lanka. Kandy has a profusion of culture with history dating back to the 15th century.
A full day tour to Kandy comprises of exploring the National Museum, the Temple of Tooth, Royal Botanical Gardens of Peradeniya, Kandy Lake which is an artificial creation by one of the past rulers and vast tea estates.
- 8.00AM – Depart from Colombo Court Hotel & Spa after breakfast at the Scarlet Room – 3 -4 hours’ drive depending on the traffic conditions.
- 11.30AM – Visit the Royal Botanical Garden located near the Mahaweli River (the longest in Sri Lanka). The RBG includes more than 4000 species of plants, including orchids, spices, medicinal plants and palm trees.
- 3.30PM – Visit the Temple of Tooth located in the royal palace complex of the former Kingdom of Kandy, which houses the relic of the tooth of the Lord Buddha.
- 4.30PM – Leisurely walk to National Museum which is located next to the Temple of tooth.
- 30PM – Stroll around the Kandy lake. This lake is also known as Kiri Muhuda or the Sea of Milk, which is an artificial lake in the heart of the hill city of Kandy, Sri Lanka, built in 1807 by King Sri Wickrama Rajasinghe next to the Temple of the Tooth & National Museum.
- 6.00PM – Depart from Kandy
- 9.00PM – Arrive at Colombo Court Hotel & Spa